Great Food Choices

I didn't exercise yesterday. We got in late from dinner and I was just beat. I'll make it up tonight by doing cardio and strength. I made good food choices today. Actually, I made pretty good food choice all week. I'm surprised at how easy it seemed. Planning my meals out may have been the key.

Tonight's dinner was delicious. Shrimp with basmati rice and Brussels sprouts. Please give Brussels sprouts a chance if you're not a fan. They're packed with Vitamin K and C and other nutrients...even protein! The trick is to not overcook them. I love them steamed or boiled but you might want to try blanching them and then roasting with a little olive oil. I even got my husband to eat them! Here's my recipe for the shrimp:

Lemon-Ginger-Cilantro Shrimp
1 lb large shrimp (shelled)
1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Juice from 1 lemon
1 small onion, diced (I used red because it was on hand)
1 tsp minced garlic
.5 tsp chili powder
.5 tsp red pepper flakes
.5 tsp paprika
4 Tbsps white cooking wine (optional)
1 Tbsp olive oil (or cooking spray)
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except olive oil and onion in a bowl. Toss and put aside. Heat olive oil. Sautee onions on low/medium until tender. Add garlic for about 30 seconds. Toss in all remaining ingredients. Cook until all shrimp turn white-5-7 minutes. Enjoy!

I'll be prepping lunches for the week tomorrow. Probably a different menu. I learned a few things from last week's adventure. I'llbe sure to share them tomorrow along with a weigh-in.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs