Choose Wisely When Dining Out

Tonight will be my dining out test. It was between Japanese and Mexican. My husband chose Japanese, thinking there may be healthier choices on the menu (even though he doesn't like sushi!). We will soon find out, but until then I'm preparing myself.

I've been to this restaurant once before. I might have chosen the least healthiest dish, A variety of meats fried in tempura batter. It was so oily I had a tummy ache afterwards. I just had a light snack (baked potato chips) to avoid eating everything in sight. Luckily, I can browse the menu online and make some wise decisions before-hand. I think I'll go with a bowl of steamed edamame for an appetizer, a sushi platter as an entreƩ and a glass of wine. No dessert.

Hopefully I don't throw everything I said out the window. Hey, I do get one free day a week, right?

EDIT 8:27pm: We caved. Went for the Mexican spot (The Japanese spot was packed.) I had chicken breast with a corn salsa and one glass of sangria. He had salmon. Mexican hot chocolate, chocolate cake and dulce de leche ice cream for dessert. Oh well. I guess this was my free meal of the weak week.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs