Serious Meal Planning

Lunch for the entire week is just about in the bag. I have two plastic containers of salads, and three plastic bags of prepped salads waiting in the wings. At this moment, I'm cooking chicken tenderloins to add to the salads. I'm also preparing some chicken wraps to be frozen. I also bought a large ciabatta and made awesome sandwiches to eat with the salads. I froze them and really hope they defrost well. Here's the homemade wrap recipe:

Low-Fat Mexican Chicken Wraps
light shredded 3-cheese blend (I used trader joe's brand)
1 lb chicken tenderloins/breasts
1 cup salsa (divide into 2 parts) or enchilada sauce
.5 sliced green pepper
1 sliced onion
.5 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper
.25 tsp cumin powder
.5 bunch cilantro leaves (optional)
8-10 tortilla wraps (whole wheat wasn't in stock so I went with flour)

Lightly coat a large pan with olive oil. Over low/medium heat, sautée onions and green peppers until soft. Add minced garlic, chicken breast and seasonings/herbs. While meat is cooking, heat tortillas in microwave for 10-20 seconds (or preheated oven for about 3 mins) to make them pliable. Cook meat until it's white throughout. Turn off heat. Shred or dice chicken in the pan. Add .5 cup of salsa to pan (if using enchilada sauce, add all). Spoon about 3 tablespoons of filling into each tortilla. Top with a handful of shredded cheese and a little salsa. Serve immediately or wrap tightly and place in individual plastic baggies. Freeze.

These freeze really well. I pop them in the microwave for about 3-5 minutes.

Oh my goodness! I baked fat-free brownies today. I kid you not, these are beyond delicious! My version isn't technically fat free because I used low-fat yogurt...and I added walnuts (good fats? hehe) It makes 12-16 servings but I can't see how you can get any more than 8...they're really that good. We'll be enjoying these for a couple of days.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs