I Will Never Be a Gym Rat

I have a one-year membership (began Jan. 1) at the New York Sports Club. I love having the little key fob...there to remind me of where I should be (ideally 4 times a week.) However, I am simply not there yet. I've tried to go a couple times since the beginning of the year. I just feel so uncomfortable. The locker room puts me into a slight panic attack. What keeps me a member is the fact that I really enjoy interval training on the treadmill. I also have a love-hate relationship with the elliptical trainer.

Until I can work up the courage to go on a regular basis, I'll be exercising at home. Why not cancel the membership, you ask? I hope to eventually get over my fears and enjoy the gym in a couple of months. The monthly fee is also a slap on the wrist for neglecting my health.

Here is my newly planned exercise regimen:
M: 20 minute-cardio (The Biggest Loser DVD)
T: -
W: 20 minute-strength &cardio (The Biggest Loser DVD)
T: -
F: 20 minute-strength &cardio (The Biggest Loser DVD)
S: weights:
bicep curls-3Xfailure
tricep extensions-3Xfailure
Chest press-3Xfailure
S: -
Daily: 10 minutes of stretching 7Xweek.

I have a couple of Taebo DVDs, but they intimidate me. I'm in search of a couple of other DVDs, one being pilates. You can see my progress in the Health/Fitness Calendar ->.

Off to prep my lunches for the week.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs