My Healthy Food Staples

Even though I'm nowhere near my goal weight, there are a few healthy foods I eat routinely. Here are a some of my staples.

Diet Soda: My husband and I have been strictly buying diet soda for about 6 years now. It was a tough switch. I hated the taste at first, but have tried enough brands to know which ones have the least aftertaste. My favs are sprite zero and diet cream soda. Least fav is diet coke or pepsi, even though I'll drink it with lemon.

Splenda: I take splenda with just about every coffee. My husband and I go to diners a lot (I know, bad habit) and we always have to ask the waitress for splenda. I despise equal/nutrasweet.

Olive Oil: I cook with olive oil (or cooking spray) about 99% of the time. I love using different oils such as sesame and peanut to cook with (I'm a foodie) but olive oil is the staple. It burns easily at high temperatures so keep an eye out for smoke.

Granola: I love granola...even if it's eaten with ice cream. One of my fav desserts is sliced, fresh strawberries with granola and a dollop of whipped cream. My fav breakfast at work is a McDonald's parfait (with granola!)

No Pudge Fat-Free Brownies: These are sinful, and I'm not even a "chocolate" person. I buy them at trader joe's but have recently seen them at my local pathmark for the same price.

Nuts: I buy raw almonds, pecans and walnuts by the pound from TJs. They're very nutritious, curb my appetite and are a great snack.

Seafood: I rarely ate seafood as a child. It was sort of a luxury for us. I found as an adult that I love fish, especially shellfish. I keep large bags of seafood mix (for pasta), shrimp and tilapia in our freezer. I love white, boneless fish and have hooked my husband on it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,



Read your blog and thought this might be of interest to you…



We all know that soda isn’t good for us, but sometimes water just doesn’t cut it when you’re looking for something delicious and healthy to quench your thirst.



We work with Welch’s, a brand that moms have trusted for over 100 years, and their new line of Living Lightly fruit juices for adults and children feature drinks with reduced sugar and calories. Some have no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors. Welch’s Diet, Welch’s Light, Welch’s Naturals and Welch’s AquaJuice are available in stores now.



Here’s a list of healthy juice options to give taste buds the zing they might be looking for without having to sacrifice taste.



Welch’s Diet contains:

Only 10 calories
No artificial colors and dyes
Sweetened with Splenda


Available in 14 oz. bottles (4 pack or 12 pack) in these great flavors:

Berry Pomegranate
Peach Twist
Black Cherry


Welch's Light contains:

Only 50 calories
100% Vitamin C
Sweetened with Splenda


Available in 52 oz. bottles in these great flavors:

Purple Grape
Strawberry Mango
Mixed Berry


Welch’s Naturals contains:

• Only 100 calories

• No high fructose corn syrup

• No artificial sweeteners

• No artificial flavors

• No artificial colors

• Contains 50% juice with no added sweeteners of any kind

• A blend of 100% fruit juice and filtered water, providing a serving of fruit per bottle



Available in 10 oz. six-packs in these great flavors:

• Blueberry Grape Grove

• Peach Planet

• Berry Slide

• Funky Fruit Punch



Welch's AquaJuice™ contains:

No high fructose corn syrup
No added sugar
No artificial sweeteners
80 calories
One full serving of fruit
Excellent source of Vitamin C

Available in 52oz. bottles in these great flavors:

Fruit Punch
Strawberry Kiwi
Apple


For more information, feel free to contact me at 561-998-1995.



Thanks,



Jackie





Jackie Guzman

Senior Account Executive

Tilson Communications

jguzman@tilsonpr.com

(561) 998-1995



Follow TilsonPR on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TilsonPR

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs