About Me

MeI am a 29 year old married lady living in New York City. No children, yet.

Weight has been a major part of my life since childhood. I've always been a heavy girl. I'm conscious of my issues with food and know that I am an emotional eater and eat out of boredom. There was a time during my teenage years where I lost a lot of weight (my lowest weight being 128 lbs.) All of that weight was lost through unhealthy means. Of course, I gained it back over a span of 6 years.

I am at my highest weight ever (220 lbs). Seeing that number on my doctor's scale really hit hard. I've noticed my health deteriorating slowly over the last year, but have tried to ignore it. I've also gain 20 lbs within the last year so it all adds up. I've become oblivious to the frequent colds, constant allergy attacks, snoring and body aches. But the possibility of having developed asthma because of my weight (pending test results) frightens me.

The decision to have children is closing in on my husband and I. We both feel the time has come to have a child. I fear that my weight may cause complications with the pregnancy as well as my own health in the long run. We hope to try to conceive later this year or early next year. I hope to be at a healthy weight and full of energy before bringing our child into this world.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm excited to follow your progress of getting healthy and happy with your weight. I'll also be working towards weight loss goals. My two other goals are to move to NY and have a great relationship. You already have those two things :) I'm excited to hear about your journey!

L. said...

I've been reading through your blog today. I can definitely relate. I am starting to notice my health deteriorating and am also worried that my weight will cause complications when my husband and I decide to have a baby. I look forward to following your blog!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs