Breakfast of (Busy) Champions

Pardon my absence. I've been (luckily) bogged down with work. Per usual, it's thrown my routine into a little spin, but I've been eating healthy.

I just cooked a small batch of pancakes (yes, at 8pm) for my husband. He's gotten into the habit of cooking breakfast the night before. He always assumed pancakes during the week were out of the question because they take too much work and time to make. On a recent trip to the supermarket, I picked up a box of Fiber One Complete pancake mix. The look of hope on his face said it all. "But, it will take too long to cook in the morning." I showed him the 3 steps and two ingredients (mix and water) and he fell in love. Since no dairy is added, he can probably mix a batch, cook in the morning and leave in the fridge for a couple of days. I was surprised at how well he makes them. They come out nicely browned and fluffy. I'm lacking in the pancake making skills department to say the least.

I'm not a pancake lover. I'm not even an egg lover unless they're over easy with home fries and turkey bacon. My breakfast of choice is a parfait aka strained yogurt, pecan praline granola, and sliced strawberries. I love fage but the price is too high. I buy a couple of tubs of low fat plain yogurt and strain it in my fridge over night. I sweeten it with a little pure cane sugar. This is also my dessert of choice. Granola is a bit high in calories so I might try muesli soon. My standbys are farina and my favorite cereal of all time, Raisin Nut Bran with 2% milk. I've been eating this since I was in my tweens. My choices are not the healthiest but are better than most options out there...and delicious.

What's your breakfast of choice?

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs