Beginning to Love the Treadmill

Never thought I'd say this...but...I love the treadmill. I really do. It's so challenging some days but there are days, like today, that I feel like I've really accompished something. Right now I'm fluctuating between a 30 and 40 minute speed walk. I always run in the middle for a few minutes. Today I tacked on another minute. A personal best! I've also noticed my breathing and heat rate is steadier than a month ago. My goal is to be able to jog a 5K without stopping. Hoping to accomplish this by autumn. Here are some things that cross my mind while exercising:

"I only have ONE body and one life." wait, is that from a commercial?
"They're just legs, they can take the beating!"
"I will look so much better in my 30's than my 20's."
"I will be a MILF one day!"
"I want to be the old lady that still exercises."
"I am stronger than I think I am."


My weight loss has slowed down a bit but I'm happy that I had a loss this week. I exceeded my calorie limit by a little bit a couple of days and I skipped a couple of workouts. I had a stressful week but I'm back on track and looking forward to a great weigh-in next week.

EDIT: I knew that first quote was from a commercial! Check it out here. Boy, talk about TV affecting the subliminal mind. LOL

3 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Great workout! I love the treadmill,too! It has really helped me gain enough endurance to transition to running outdoors!

Fit By 2009 said...

I also look forward to running out doors. I might jog (ok, speed walk) on the beach during my vacay. I heard jogging in sand is killer.

Cyd said...

I want to be able to run a 5K someday, too! I've also turned into a bit of an unexpected treadmill junkie...funny how that happens, huh?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs